Wednesday 17 August 2011

When in Rome....or rather when in KL

Adventure, here we come. We touched down at 2pm and after managing to catch a few z's on the plane, we decided we were sufficiently energised to do a spot of exploring, so we dropped the bags at the hotel them jumped on the KL Express, into the city.



Ant and I have been to KL city centre a number of times, but have never quite managed to get our barings...so we dragged poor Gaz and Claire (who hadn't really slept for two days) around the city in an attempt to find a great little restaurant we were introduce to on our last trip.



We finally found it and it was well worth the extended tour.We dined on beef and fish gyoza, teriyaki chicken, beef and prawns with rice, veg and aromatic green tea. Nice chopsticking, Claire!

After that, we put our feet up quite literally and had an authentic reflexology foot massage. I don't think I would describe is as pleasurable.....more like major foot abuse! But afterwards, I must admit, I felt like I was walking on air.




The masseur explained what the different areas of my foot related to in the body and he was quite concerned about the state of my liver (makes sense) as well as my kidneys....my brain.....my appendix......my throat.....pretty much my entire physiology, which was nice.

We finished off in an open air Malaysian bar with the first serving of booze of the holiday (if you don't count the gallons of wine, vodka, beer and ouzo we consumed in Cyprus!). Ant and Gaz decided to share one.....(gallon that is!) while Claire and I decided a cocktail was the only way to drink in KL.








We left Gaz at his hotel (see above) and dragged our tired bones back to KL Airport where our hotel, the Pan Pacific, was. All in all, day one of the adventure was great. Chopsticks, noodles, massage and a Malaysian street bar. Not a bad way to start the trip. X

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment