Friday 12 August 2011



We've booked it, packed it and flown off. :)


Sitting on the plane, zipping through the skies somewhere over central Europe, I decided it was time to jump on the blogging bandwagon and create a travel blog! So here I am scribbling away in a rather cramped seat with Ant snoring away next to me, his elbow and knee well and truly in MY seat (Ha ha!).



It dawned on me late last night that never have we attempted so much in one trip or been away for so long so i realised that writing a blog would be the perfect opportunity to allow myself a few moments each day to process everything i'd seen and experienced; a chance to sit back and take it all in. This is going to be a trip we never forget but I thought it would be rather nice to document the little details that sometimes grow misty with time, so here goes.....


So where are we going? First stop is sunny Cyprus for the wedding of two good friends, Paula and Andy, followed by a couple of days in exotic Abu Dhabi where we hope to see the World's largest mosque as well
as soak up that rare and splendid romance only found in the Arabian realm. I'm thinking culture, museums, cutting edge architecture......Ant's itinerary consists of hitting the the Man City store and sleeping. :-)


Next we rendezvous with Gaz and Claire, fellow adventurephiles and two of our most treasured of friends, and embark on the most exciting expedition of our lives - the 'Bornaporecambalumpur' tour. The name (Claire's creation), concisely sums up the remainder of our journey: BORNeo, SingAPORE, CAMbodia and finally Kuala LUMPUR. 'Excited' doesn't come close!


I can't promise daily updates as we don't know if the Internet will be available at every stop, but I will do my best to keep you in the loop. So sit back, relax and get ready to join us on our travels from the comfort of your own home....

No comments:

Post a Comment